SENCO (and class teacher)
Are you a current or aspiring SENDCO who is ready for a new adventure?
Does your professional ethos match our culture and mission?
Do you want to make a difference, making every day count for every child?
If so, then we want to hear from you!
We are looking to appoint a dynamic SENDCO to shape our inclusive culture by inspiring and supporting colleagues to break down barriers to enabling every child to reach their potential. You will be passionate about ensuring that children get the highest quality of education, leading by example, modelling high-quality, supportive and engaging teaching for pupils.
You will be joining an exceptional and supportive team of professionals who are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and our mission to make every day count for the children. We will strive to deliver learning experiences to engage and instil a curiosity to find out more. Our goal is to develop individuals who ask why, therefore becoming life-long learners and visionaries, with aspirations ready for the challenges of the future in an ever-changing world. Each of our individual roles has an impact on the future of our children, and so we put them at the heart of the decisions we make and the services we provide.
In our school, children, and their best interest, lie at the centre of everything we do. We may seem like a typical school but inside our building, magical things happen. Our team make a tremendous effort to get to know each child to enable them to grow into strong, independent, life-long learners, who live our values and take them with them as they grow older. Therefore, our school motto captures this aspiration:
Making a difference as we grow together.
We can offer you:
- A commitment to people across our partnership, underpinned by our people principles: adaptability, wellness, recognising achievement, employee voice and engagement, professional development and growth, and inclusivity and collaboration.
- Access to the suite of NPQs, delivered through our very own Teaching School Hub.
- Access to the National SENCO qualification (NPQ).
- A commitment to sufficient release time to support you in your role (initially 2 days per week, subject to change with the needs of the school).
- Access to extensive, high-quality CPL at every stage of your career, including the opportunity to grow and develop as a leader.
- The opportunity to progress across the partnership, realising your career ambitions.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme, including access to specialist support and services including counselling, financial support, and legal advice.
- The opportunity to be part of one of the best schools in the universe.
- A fantastic working environment, in a team that works together for the benefit of children in our schools.
We are looking for someone who:
- Delights in being with children and puts the children’s well-being before anything else.
- Embraces creativity and has a positive outlook.
- Is tenacious in their approach to ensuring all children with SEND have an inclusive education, working effectively with and without direction.
- Has a secure understanding of the SEN Code of Practice and can translate this into effective strategies and practice at a school.
- Is fascinated by the learning process and actively seeks new ideas and research.
- Is willing to take risks, exploring innovative opportunities to enable every child to thrive.
- Is on a mission to continually develop themselves as facilitators of learning.
- Loves supporting and inspiring fellow staff and students.
- Has great ideas and wants to share them!
- Sincerely values every member of the school community.
- Believes in each and every child, particularly those with SEND, and has high aspirations for their achievement.
- Has the ability to make learning fun and engaging whilst ensuring all children are appropriately challenged.
- Is prepared to go the extra mile to ensure children succeed!
We welcome applications from both internal and external candidates. If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please complete and submit an online application form. Visits from prospective candidates are welcome and can be arranged by contacting the school office (0115 9252928).
For further information about Flying High Partnership, visit our website or have a look at our Recruitment Information Booklet where you can hear from our CEO, Staff, and Children from across the Partnership.
Closing Date: 22nd May 2023
Interview Date: 24th or 26th May 2023
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applicants. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Other opportunities within Flying High Partnership
Alderman Pounder Infant and Nursery School is part of The Flying High Partnership which consists of two distinct parts: Flying High Trust and Flying High Futures. Flying High Trust is a Multi Academy Trust of 30 primary schools across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Nottingham City. Our Flying High family work hard to deliver the best possible opportunities to our children. Through this partnership we are proud of our achievements and are recognised as one of the highest performing Multi Academy Trusts (MAT) in the country. Flying High Futures provides professional learning internally for staff across the Trust, and externally through Department for Education national programmes. Forming part of Flying High Futures is the Flying High Teaching School Hub, Flying High English Hub, and the Flying High cohort of Inspiring Leaders teacher training.