Scroll to content

Interactive Bar

Admissions Admissions
Contact Us Contact Us
Facebook Facebook
Twitter Twitter
Alderman Pounder Infant & Nursery School

Welcome to

Alderman Pounder Infant & Nursery School

Making a difference as we grow together

Child and Family Support

Mrs Case - Child and Family Support Worker

I would like to introduce myself.
My name is Mrs Case and I am Alderman Pounder's Child and Family Support Worker.



Children don’t come with instructions and each individual can present a range of challenges that can affect their ability to learn. 

I am here to offer practical advice and guidance on a wide range of these challenges.


I am based at The Pulse within Alderman Pounder. 

To arrange an appointment please phone the school office, email me or just drop in and I will do my very best to see you as soon as possible. 

mobile: 07716 751080 

school: 0115 925 2928


There are times when you or your child may need to talk. I will be available to listen and provide a quiet, safe space, to share worries concerns or just ‘be there’ and be a trusted adult/friend.


I work across the school from Nursery to Year 2 and my door is open to both children and their families. 


I am also available to give children support during break and lunchtimes if required.

When could a child need the support of a Family Support Worker?

A child may need support with the following:

  • transition to a new class
  • change in family circumstances
  • attendance issues
  • friendship issues
  • promoting positive behaviour
  • boosting self-esteem and confidence
  • bereavement and loss

There may be other issues a child may need support with, sometimes it may be just someone to talk to, other than a teacher or parent.


The Pulse offers:

  • drop-in sessions
  • coffee mornings
  • a listening ear
  • individual support
  • opportunities to meet other parents in small groups
  • tools, skills and ideas
  • signposting
  • help with finding the information you need
  • information session

Where agencies can provide support?

NottsHelpYourself is a website is designed to help people find information about a whole range of organisations and services including:

  • activities, groups and events in your local community
  • childcare providers
  • support for children and young people aged 0 – 25 with a special educational need and / or a disability
  • health and social care information and support for adults and children
  • workplace health schemes.

Many of the services are self-referral.

Children's support services

If you think a child is at risk of abuse, please report this to the MASH ( If you have urgent concerns for a child, or suspect that a child has been abused in any way, please call them immediately on 0300 500 80 80 (if you are a member of the public) or 0300 500 80 90 (if you are a professional). If you require an urgent response outside of working hours (08:30-17:00), contact the Emergency Duty Team (EDT) on 0300 456 4546. In an emergency call 999. To report a crime call 101.


Below are a range of links to support services which may be able to provide your child with support (many are self-referral agencies):


Advice for families:

Adult support services

If you witness abuse or neglect of an adult, don't ignore it, contact the MASH ( as soon as possible. Abuse can happen anywhere - in a residential or nursing home, a hospital, in the workplace, a day centre or educational establishment, in supported housing, in the street or the person's own home. In an emergency call 999. To report a crime call 101.


Below are a range of links to support services which may be able to provide you with support (many are self-referral agencies):



Alderman Pounder Infant & Nursery School

Contact Us